Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where's the Fun? This is such an Isolating Disease.

It's been 3 weeks since my last post. So much has happened. Slowly, the pieces are coming together. I am a lawyer who does real estate closings as a vendor for various title companies. I literally fell into this during the dot.com bust in 2002. I had been working for a tech company when the whole team was cut and then some. I enjoy real estate; it's the first section of the paper I read every Sunday but I could never talk myself into being an agent because my biggest fear was in meeting new people. So I've decided to take the plunge.

Recovery means I just love talking to new people now. And I love entertaining and being social, and just getting out there. That doesn't mean I don't have my moments—I do but they really are few and far between these days. So, I will continue to research this (for example, which company should I sign with?), make a decision and move forward with my life.

On the social side, my July 4th fireworks potluck was a big hit (for my guests and for me). So, I decided to do another one. I'm calling it the "Friends in OA" Recipe Potluck. The idea is 20 or people bring their favorite dish and the recipe so we all knows what's in it and no one breaks their abstinence. Then, if you like a recipe, take home a copy or better yet, I will post them all on this blog.

And lastly, on a sad note, a very good friend passed away last week after losing her 3 ½ year battle with ovarian cancer. She never had a day in remission and it was especially rough this year. Since her diagnosis, she really did live every day to its fullest and I know she is at peace now. She was only 49. Bernadette, I miss you.

No comments: